Needs Home Care?
- An estimated 36 million Americans
- 12.4% of the population - are 65
years and older.
- By 2030, nearly 20% of the population
will be 65 years and older.
- The 65+ American population, which
was more than 36 million people in
2005, is projected to nearly double
to more than 71 million people by
- Nearly 40% of American women and about
20% of American men 65 years and older
were living alone in 2003.
- In 2003, more than 1.8 million seniors
age 65 years and older were treated
in emergency departments for fall-related
injuries and more than 421,000 were
Source: U.S. Census Bureau
Centers for Disease Control, 2005
Click here for a printer-friendly version